Sunday, March 22, 2009

ENGLISH - The language

For this blog, I'm going to use it to brush my English. It has been a long time since I use any English in writing any essay or assignment or anything for that matters.

So I would like to invite anyone who wish to brush their English to comments on my writing or on anything else that you want to talk about.



My learning of english start when I was in the primary school.. but to think of it ... it actually start when I started watching cartoons on TV.. During my childhood the cartoons were all in English but there were subtitles at the bottom of the screen. So the need to understand what I was watching prompt to interpret as quickly as possible.. from that I started to understand English....

During my primary school in Penang, the St Francis Light 1 Primary School off Jalan Datuk Keramat, there was a teacher who teaches English through plays and drama..so call play acting

From there I learn the usage of english and not to be afraid to use it.

But my English is futher improve by the love of reading. I like to read books in english, especialy the books on adventure and spies. Back then there wasn't much books on it in Malays..and

futhermore I like to look more educated when I 'm reading in English......

Some says it's "berlagak" and "mata biru" but then it's true , i do feel a bit proud when I use English.

In my area of living there arenot many who can read in English that well. I am not excellenct in any other area so the language is my vantage point..

although I can read english fairly well, my spoken english one other area all together. There weren't anybody for me to talk to and my family wasn't much help either. They are in the same pradicament as I am. Can read but can't converse well



I think that's enough for now, I shall again later

No comments:

Post a Comment