Hello again, it's been a while for to update my blog....
On Tuesday I went to KL to do some research for my thesis. I took the shuttle train from Ipoh to KL, the first one out for the day. It move out 4.30 am...it has been a while for to get that early in the day. Me and the missus nearly miss the train because we over slept and only awaken at 3.50am. That was a mad rush to bathroom and get dress. Luckily the traffic was kind, no cars at 4.00 am. This happen because I and my wife only slept at 1.00 am helping my second son finishing his scout log book for it has to be submited in the morning.. well when you have seven son it takes all your energy.
Arriving in KL Sentral at 7.30 with the rain puoring heavily outside. Our fisrt destination is UM but we decided to have breakfast first and then visit the KTM office to make the student discount card. I want highlight the discount card because I felt cheated, no cheated but lie to. KTM didn't tell all the details about this discount card. Although they give you 40% discount but it's only for the journey fare. There two kind of fare in your ticket.. one is for the journey, the other one is for the seating.. which I don't know. So when I purchase my return ticket, I was expecting to pay $10.80 but to my suprise the price was $13.00 which was not 40% discount.
Then only I asked and got the info. Luckily my darling was beside me so I control myself not to yell at the KTM staff
We then got into the Putra LRT to go to UM. Funny thing about LRT, we see people lining up to get into the train in the morning, but in the afternoon no more lines, just rush in. Maybe in the morning they line up because they remember their schooling days, morning lines up, afternoon everybody for themselves, teacher included.
From LRT station we have to take the transit bus. Trip to campus okay, no funny incident. The trip back was full of story. The bus was full, so when the seat are emptied one nice gentlemen lets me sit down. So I think very nice, courtesy still live in this country. But we get to the train station, my wife inform me that this nice person was talking behind my back. When the seat was first emptied, I was looking away, this nice person offer me the seat behind my back with his mouth and nose, which I didn't see, after that he grumble to his lady friend in English, " this old man, offer seat don't want to seat" which my wife overheard. So sometimes look can be deceiving. Luckily again, my wife only tells me when this eurasian man was not around. If not I shall give him a piece of my mind. In malay the word ikhlas is important. When you want to give, it's must be ikhlas, if not don't give at all.
Over all my trip to KL in the train,LRT and bus was a trip down memory lane. Long time ago .
Might get all my boys to KL in train, LRT and bus during the holidays.
See u.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...it was indeed a long,long lost memory. The fun and excitement is still there and also the feeling of odd..may be coz most of the passengers on the bus are young students and we do look a little bit out of place..."pokcik n mokcik"
ReplyDelete.....ayang